From the 10th to the 12th of August, enjoy life’s slow lane in Robertson, only 90 minutes away from Cape Town. Robertson Wine Valley’s slow-living festival is a celebration of old-fashioned rural hospitality, with slow food and wine created for sheer enjoyment of time and place. This intimate festival has a number of events on offer, such as:
- Indulge in traditional cuisine, using local ingredients from the Valley;
- Experience wine-tastings and dinners in the homes of the local wine-making families, savouring family recipes;
- Revel in the beauty of biodiversity with fynbos drives;
- Be daring and complete the 4×4 challenge;
- Master the art of blending your own wine;
- Try your hand at making pasta or gnocchi;
- Enjoy Italian cuisine;
- Treat yourself to an organic meal on an organic wine farm;
- Enjoy a story-telling evening by pioneers of the Robertson Wine Valley;
- Browse and shop at leisure, on Sunday 12 August, at the Robertson Valley Regional Food Market, and choose from a colourful array of delectable fresh produce.
Event bookings need to be completed before the 8th of August and for more information on Robertson Slow, and a full programme of events, as well as booking details: visit www.robertsonslow.com or contact the Robertson Wine Valley on: telephone (023) 626 3167 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.