Make a note in your diary to not forget the Capital Hotel School’s 3rd annual competition on the 19th of September, where chef school will be tasked with creating the best gourmet wors. Training establishments have to come up with an original recipe for a wors that doesn’t need to resemble the traditional boerewors, and in the past the schools that have taken part include HTA School of Culinary Art, Prue Leith Chefs Academy, Chef Training and Innovation Academy, Swiss Hotel School, Capsicum Culinary Studio, Centurion Academy and Legend Hotel School.
Each school submits a team of 4 and there are approximately 200 supporters in attendance at the event in Groenkloof Nature Reserve. This year, Uitkyk Meat Market has come on board as a partner in the competition. This year’s judges are:
- Chef Leon Hatton-Jones (South Africa Chefs Association)
- Chef Marlise Whelan (Brasserie de Paris)
- Chef Maryna Frederiksen (Lusit)
- Chef Marius Croukamp (Armar)
- MC Garrett (top judge in Checkers Boerewors Competition & World Braai Competition Judge 2002)
- Ernie Sterne (known for his excellent food knowledge and member of Chaîne des Rotisseurs)