1. Sieve the flour.
2. Add butter, water, sugar and salt to milk and dissolve yeast in this mixture.
3. Add beaten egg to mixture and mix.
4. Add half the flour and then just enough to form a dough.
5. Knead until smooth and elastic and allow to rise until double in size.
6. Knock down and knead fruit and spices into dough.
7. Shape into 40g buns and prove.
8. Pipe cross and bake at 180°C.
9. When ready, remove from oven and glaze immediately
100g Cake Flour
50ml O il
1 Egg, beaten
1. Mix flour, salt and oil, and add milk slowly until it forms a soft mixture.
2. Place in piping bag and pipe cross over the bun.
3. Brush with egg wash.
1. Heat milk, sugar and water and boil for 4 minutes.
2. Brush each bun with glaze straight after removing from oven.
Recipe by Institute of Culinary Arts